Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Am I a blogger now?


I told myself that I wouldn't conform and be a blogger, but I have enjoyed all of my family and friend's blogs so much, that I decided to cave! So, for my first blog I decided to catch up on what is going on in my life.....

4 weeks ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Lauryn Elizabeth Burnett. She was born May 29th at 3:03 pm and weighed 9 lbs. 13 oz.! You say that's big, huh? Well, let's just say that wasn't the biggest baby I've given birth to! Her brothers, Spencer (5) and Jacob (2), adore her so much that Lauryn and I get pretty claustrophobic and have to make boundaries. I was told that going from 2 kids to 3 was going to be hard, but actually living it is another thing! We are not adjusting very quickly! The boys are pretending that they are deaf and can't hear a word I say, Jacob started biting and won't quit whining, and on top of it all, Lauryn won't stop crying! What did I get myself into!!???

Last Sunday I decided to go back to church, since the baby was born. I started getting everyone ready at about 7:30am and barely made it to church by 11:00am. Then, in the middle of Sacrament meeting, Lauryn decides she is ready to eat and starts crying (it had only been about 1 1/2 hrs. since her last feeding). So, I go to the mother's lounge and feed her and while I was changing her, she peed all over her dress. I had to change her again. By the time I was done, I was exhausted and ready to go home. Needless to say, I didn't get any spiritual upliftment from my visit to church. I don't know how I'm going to be able to do this! I sound really negative, but that's just the hormones talking. My Mom keeps telling me it will get better, so I just take it day by day and count my many blessings! I don't have to do it all by myself all of the time. I'm really lucky to have such a wonderful husband who helps A LOT, but he does have to work and earn money to feed all these wonderful kids!

2 comments:

Amyee Williams said...

Sounds like you had a fun first Sunday back..... I can remember one of mine i think it might of been like my 2nd Sunday back but like you i fed Dayton then trying to change him fast he peed across the mothers lounge oh and projectile pooped all over his outfit and on top of that i ran out of wipes!!!!!! Happy to say he hasn't done it since!!!
LOVE THE BLOG!!!!

Bethany Kellar said...

Well, If it makes you feel any better, you put on a great front! You looked great and your baby is so cute...pee or no pee. I'm sure things will settle in and you'll feel like a pro! (you don't give yourself enough credit). If I can help...let me know.