Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Spencer lost his first tooth!


Last Thursday I was upset with the kids, as usual, because they wouldn't clean up their toys like I had asked them to about 50 times! Spencer was acting like a kitty cat, his new favorite game. He crawls around hissing and grabbing things with his mouth. Well, at this particular moment, he had a magnetic dart in his mouth and so I came over and took it out of his mouth all the while saying, "How many times do I have to ask you to pick up your toys?..... and take that out of your mouth!" and quietly, but with a worried tone Spencer said, "Mommy, I think you pulled out my tooth!" I changed my tone instantly!
I was so excited for him! I was giving him high fives and shouting, "Hooray! Now you get to put it under your pillow tonight and the Toothfairy will come and take the tooth and leave money for you!" Then he said, "I can taste blood!" and he started freaking out, so we went into the bathroom and I put a kleenex on the area and he started to gag and turned and threw up a little bit in the toilet! After he finally settled down about the whole bleeding issue, he took one look at himself in the mirror and said, " I look so weird!" and he ran to the corner. I guess he was embarrassed and didn't know what to think. I gave him some time alone and eventually he got used to the idea and started playing with the space with his tongue and saying words that sounded different. The next day, he proudly showed off his dollar to everyone that the Toothfairy left for him.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yeah Spence! I'm so excited for you....you look like a big boy now! Don't let any flies fly into that hole! :)