Monday, November 10, 2008

Turning 30......


Well, I had my 30th birthday.....oh, wow that sounds weird......I'm
30 now. When I was in high school and college, I always had a certain "idea" of what a 30-year-old was suppose to be like, and I don't think I have become what I came up with in my head. I thought 30-year-olds were suppose to have lots of kids and lots of money and have all this time to do things like: craft projects, housework, take care of the kids, run kids to and from sports activities, spend time on their spiritality everyday, be happy all the time, and have time to keep themselves fashionable and cute. Wow, that sounds like "Supermom!" Needless to say, I won't be mastering the "30 year old" anytime soon. But, I can say that I'm very happy with my life right now. There is ALWAYS room for improvement, but I have the best kids and husband in the whole entire world! Get ready ladies, after you read what my husband did for my birthday, you will be dropping a lot of hints to your husbands!

When I woke up in the morning, Dan had already left for work and there was a present on my dresser. I opened it up, and out fell a bunch of chocolate kisses along with a CD that said, "Insert into your computer and put your headphones on." So, I did what it said and up popped a cute slideshow of family pictures with music in the background. I thought to myself, "this is a nice song, I've never heard this before....oh wait.......that sounds like Dan's voice.......NO!!!!......He didn't!! Oh, yes......he did.......my husband wrote a love song and recorded it for me!!!!!" I was speechless and I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. And that was just the beginning.......




After I dropped Spencer off at school, Jake, Lauryn, and I went to Target. I LOVE Target!! I thought, "It's my birthday, why don't I just hang out and shop!" It was a lot of fun and the kids were great! As I was leaving, I got a phone call from my friend asking me where I was. I told her and then she said she was waiting for me in my driveway and she was going to watch my kids because I had an appointment to get a manicure and a pedicure! I was thrilled! It was the most relaxing 2 hours of my life! This lady massaged my legs AND arms, they also give you all the drinks and candy you want while you watch TV. My friend also dropped by and brought me lunch. Holy cow was I pampered!



When I got home, there was an "Edible arrangement" (chocolate covered fruit in the shape of a flower arrangement) sitting on my table. Then when my friend left, she said, "be at my house all dressed up with the kids at 4pm." I thought, "There's MORE??!!"



So, I did just that. When I got there she had a present from Dan for me. Inside was a card, chocolates (can you tell I LOVE chocolate!), and a purple sweater. My friend showed me that Dan had picked out some sunday clothes for me to change into. Well, the purple sweater didn't fit, so I couldn't wear it. Then she told me to leave the kids with her and I was suppose to meet Dan back at the house. When I got home, Dan walked out of the house with a shirt and a PURPLE tie on!! He wanted us to match! Oh, isn't my husband corny and cute all at the same time? Oh well, I just changed into something that would fit a nursing mother better, and he picked out another tie to match, so I wouldn't ruin his plans.

He drove me to this restaurant called The Bistro, which is in downtown San Marco. It was SO awesome! The food was SO good and we had a LOT of fun! As we were leaving, I called my sister and her husband answered and said, "Hey, aren't you suppose to be going to some fancy concert, or something?" I said, "WHAT???" Oops, he ruined the suprise. It was pretty funny...thanks, Doug! Anyway, yes, it was a fancy concert.....he took me to the symphony! Okay, do I have an awesome husband or what?? I know he would've rather gone to a football game, but took me to the symphony instead!





Whew! That was a long and exciting day. I was pretty tired after all that, but I really appreciate all my husband, friends, and family did for me that day. I had one of the greatest birthdays EVER! I will NEVER forget it! I love you all!

7 comments:

Janelle Heath said...

Just so you know, I think all the men are planning on getting together during "coupon night" to give Dan a good 'ol smack down for setting the bar so high! Watch out Dan, you should be shaking in your boots. LOL. Happy Happy Birthday!

Brooke said...

WOWZERS!! What a day! I just wish that I could meet Mr. Perfect. He sounds wonderful and I'm glad that you found someone to pamper you the way you deserve. You're amazing and loved by so many. I'm so glad you had a happy day.

Joanna said...

I am soo jealous and so happy at how much fun you had. You derserved IT!!

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes!! What a great birthday. I can't believe he came up with all of that for you. That is so AWESOME! Way to go, Dan!

Amyee Williams said...

Wow sounds like you had a WONDERFUL Birthday (Go Dan)!!!!! Sorry i didnt know about it or i would of said something sooner. But, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

Anne Bennion said...

Wow! What an incredible birthday you had! You have quite the husband to plan all of that for you!

Anonymous said...

WOW!(are there other words) What a fun birhday for you! ANd what an adorable husband! I wish mine could sing! I loved this post. I thought all the same things when I turned 30. I guess we're only a little behind!
And for some reason I remembered your birthday is in nov.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!