Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gifts

Every year for Christmas, my sisters and my Mom are SO creative in their gift giving. It's always personalized and handmade. My sister Heather made a memory game for each family personalized with their own family pictures, Joanna made cute handmade ornaments for a mini tree, and Alissa made countdown blocks and magnets! So you see, I can't just BUY anything! I knew they wouldn't care, but it means more to have something handmade. My first idea was to modgepodge coasters, but couldn't find the materials. I had made an apron for my Mom for Mother's Day and decided that THAT would be the project I had to do for my sisters. Each of them were made of scraps I had around like old curtains, sheets, and from old projects, and also the remnants from the clearance bin at Joann's. I think my sisters liked them and I thought they turned out REALLY cute!!

Joanna's apron
Alissa's apron

Heather's apron

My sisters are so cute! We missed you, Alissa!!! Maybe you can take a picture of you in your apron and send it to me and then I will post it. Love ya!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry girls...mine is BY FAR the cutest!!! Thanks Linds - all my other aprons are getting jealous! Love you and miss you already! :)

Joanna said...

I love my apron, I wore it last night when I cooked Sunday dinner, I'll felt pretty cute in it. Thanks Linds! It was the best!

Lisa said...

hey lady i saw you have my OLD blog listed on your addresses. i have a new one now! come visit me ;0
http://lisa-lovinlife.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

Good job Lindsay!!! They each turned out so cute. good idea! Your whole family is so creative though. i'm amazed!