Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hawaii (Oahu)

We flew to Oahu on Wednesday and boy, was it different from Maui! Honolulu was a very busy city with lots of people everywhere and we immediately missed the quiet, laid back feel of Maui. We stayed at the Waikiki Courtyard Marriott with all the other co-workers right in the middle of downtown. After we got settled in and a good night's sleep, Dan went to work and I walked around doing some sight seeing of my own and these are a couple of things that I saw....
This was a beautiful place to shop!
The marketplace was built around this really cool banyan tree.
I thought it was pretty cool to watch this guy carve these tiki statues.
Waikiki beach
Polynesian Cultural Center dancers. They were SO FUN to watch!
Ko'Olina
Dan and I met up with an old companion from his mission and his family at this beautiful man-made lagoon.
Dan's old companion, Mark, and his cute family. We had a great time at the lagoon. We snorkeled a little and I saw a sea turtle!! (sorry no photos)
We watched the beautiful sunset,
and went out to dinner.

1 comment:

Kevin and DeNiel said...

This makes me want to visit Hawaii reall bad. ---MOM