Sunday, August 3, 2008

FHE activity

Tonight, Dan gave a great lesson for FHE and we were actually able to get through the whole lesson without yelling at the boys to "sit down and listen!" And suprisingly, Lauryn stayed asleep in her swing! If we make sure we have an activity and treats after the lesson, it's usually a good incentive for them to be good. So after the lesson, Dan planned a very cute activity. We painted our feet and made footprints of everyone in the family. A good keepsake we will have for a long time. Everyone had a lot of fun doing it, except for the baby. She didn't care for the wet paint on her ticklish feet... the boys thought that was pretty funny!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

What a great idea to make everyone's feet prints! Looks like a fun activity! Your boys are so cute!!

Heather said...

Hey, don't hate me if we do this too....Dan, you really ARE the man! Such a cute idea! Miss you guys!

Anne Bennion said...

I totally hear you on the FHE thing. We are lucky if everyone is sitting in the same room, let alone listening to the lesson. And most of the time, I cave after reading a short scripture and we just play games. But I love this idea! I think I will have to try it. By the way, can I link you to my blog???

Unknown said...

That is a cute idea! We did that on t-shirts for Lang and Ragan when Madelyn was born (the shirts said "Big Brother" and "Big Sister"). Fun, fun, fun!!

PS - I also get the race-to-get-through-FHE problem. We bribe the kids with cash. $50 to the kid who is the quietest ;o)

Lindsay said...

Angela, Wow $50! Do they ever get the money? If they do, your kids are going to be rich!

Unknown said...

Hey, Lindsay- just checking out your blog. Your family sure is cute. I like this FHE idea. I am always looking for more ideas.
Check out my blog, too- familytripp.blogspot.com
I also have a cooking one
cookingwithkaryn.blogspot.com

Thomas Amason said...

Hey! Please as soon as you possibly can write me at cantgetright151@hotmail.com concerning voice lessons! It's been hard finding a great instructor in Jacksonville!! Thank you so much!