Sunday, August 24, 2008

My baby is in Kindergarten!



Well, it's official. My baby, Spencer, is all grown up and going to public school. It wasn't too hard for us because he went to preschool last year, but I still got a little weepy thinking about how quickly my babies grow up. I look at my kids sleeping soundly in their beds after a day of yelling, "STOP IT!" a million times and regretting a lot of things, and I can't believe how big they are. I am constantly asking myself, "Am I doing the right thing?" and a lot of times, I don't know the answer, I just do my best. I think having three kids has been my greatest challenge in life and some days I don't know how I'm going to get through it. Spencer wants to smother his sister with hugs and kisses, Jacob whines all the time and can't get out of the "baby" stage, and Lauryn wants you to hold her and feed her all the time. But at the end of the day, I look at their sweet faces, and my love for them grows even more. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for my sweet children.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

It doesn't get any easier, either. I have been just as weepy with the fourth as with the first. In fact, when you don't know if you'll ever have another, she just might be the hardest one to let go of!

Anonymous said...

Amen! I echo everything you just said. Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking those things.