Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My first tag.....


(my cute hubby, Dan, holding his first baby girl)

I've always thought that these tags I've read about were fun, but I've never been tagged.......until now. Thanks Brooke! It's been really fun thinking about my eternal sweetheart, especially in the "olden days." I've gotten really wrapped up in everyday life with kids and a husband who travels all the time and I've forgotten what it use to be like. Dan, we need to find a babysitter and go out on a date this weekend!

1. Where did you meet?
We met in Arkansas. He was investigating the church and was dating a friend of mine. I always thought he was cute, but he was already taken! There's just somthing sexy about a cute, sweet guy asking questions about the gospel.

2. How long did you date before you got married?
Um.....let me think......we dated for about 6 months and then he broke up with me! I was SO devastated and I will NEVER let him live it down! He got scared and went running. I always knew he was the one for me, so I was VERY hurt and confused when he did this. Then he came back a couple months later and wanted to be "FRIENDS," which was very hard for me because I had such strong feelings for him. Then I left with BYU Singers on tour to the West Coast of Africa and Italy for about 6 weeks. When I got back, he was on his knees with roses and chocolate begging me to come back and telling me he realized that he loved me and wanted to spend eternity with me. (Such a romantic) I guess "Distance DOES make the heart grow fonder." Then 6 weeks later, we were married on August 11th 2001 in the Louisville, Kentucky temple. (Almost exactly a year to the day from you, Amy!)

3. How long have you been married?
7 years and 2 months

4. What does he do that suprises you?
He does a lot of things to suprise me......he is very thoughtful. A couple of them are: He will call up my parents sometimes just to talk. He will clean the house AND take care of the kids if I have to go somewhere for a couple of hours. And for special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries he always puts a lot of thought into the gift and I NEVER know what to expect. I'm a little worried about what is going to happen on my 30th birthday coming up!

5. What is your favorite feature of his?
His hands. They are big and strong and always calloused, which shows what a hard worker he is.

6. What is your favorite quality of his?
His big, kind heart. He is ALWAYS kind to others. When you meet him for the first time, you'll be best buds. He genuinely wants to get to know people, so he'll play 20.......or 30 questions with you.

7. Does he have a nickname for you?
Babe.......it must be a guy thing because all of your husbands call you that too! When we were dating, he called me his "Lindsay-girl." On the inside of my wedding ring it says, "For my Lindsay-Girl."

8. What is his favorite color?
NOT green. His mother made him wear a lot of green when he was young because it made his eyes look greener, so now he doesn't like it anymore (sorry Sherry). I think he looks really good in green too.

9. What is his favorite food?
I've tried to get this out of him for 7 years and all I can get out of him is meat and potatoes with a lot of gravy. He is a southern boy and he likes his Mama's cookin', which I don't do because it's all FRIED! YUCK! Sorry, Dan.

10. What is his favorite sport?
I don't know because he likes to watch them ALL on TV (football, basketball, tennis, but not baseball). His absolute favorite game to PLAY is raquetball.

11. When and where was your first kiss?
I'm still bitter about this one....just kidding, Dan. He teased me for WEEKS when we were dating. He would come really close, and then just kiss me on the cheek. I was going CRAZY! So, one time when he was just talking to me really close and rubbing noses and teasing me, I just went for it........and BOY was it worth it!!! He is one GOOD kisser!

12. Favorite thing to do as a couple?
Rent a movie, he makes the popcorn, and we snuggle up on the couch after the kiddies are all snug in their beds.

13. Do you have any children?
Yes....Spencer is 6, Jacob is 3, and Lauryn is 4 months old and they LOVE their Daddy!

14. Does he have a hidden talent?
Yes......he is a poet.....and VERY good at it! I have a whole box full of poems that he has written for me over the years and some are funny, some are spiritual, and some are very mushy. I LOVE IT!!!

15. How old is he?
He just turned 30 in March and doesn't like it.

16. Who said I love you first?
I think I did.

17. What is his favorite type of music?
He listens to all kinds, but his favorites are Jack Johnson and Coldplay. There is a new one that he just told me about, but I can't remember the name of it.

18. What do you admire most about him?
There is A LOT that I admire about him, but the one that came to mind first was that he is a VERY hard worker. He's always had to work for what he's had in his life and that has made him a very humble man.

19. Do you think he will read this?
Oh, yes. He is always checking my blog to see what story I'm going to tell next.


I pass the tag to my sisters: Alissa, Heather, and Joanna.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Thanks for doing the tag. It's good to learn a little bit about your sweetheart. He sounds like a keeper!!

Anonymous said...

That was so fun! And...hello? A year apart...I know. I was at your wedding, remember? I'm SO glad I got to be there. Kristian and I celebrated our anniversary the day after your wedding. Great time in Kentucky.

Six weeks later???!!! I did not know that. How did you plan a wedding in six weeks? Wow! Good thing he came to his senses. I never heard your whole story. It's a great history.

Lindsay-girl...that is very sweet. I love that it is in your ring! Very nice.

You sound so happy and he sounds wonderful. Woo hoo for marriage.

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, i love your family more and more everytime i read your blog. what a sweet husband, it must be nice to have a "romantic" around. And your kids...I love them. Lauryn IS beautiful! And so is her mom! I wish we could some how catch up. I guess that's what blogs are good for!

Anonymous said...

PS- I hope your toe heels soon. But I have to admit, it does look funny. (I laughed, sorry.)

Noel said...

That was a VERY sweet post! I have to say this is my first venture onto your blog. I guess blogging never came up the 4 months we were in the same ward... How fun to stay in contact this way. Lauryn (I hope I spelled that right--I love the way you spelled it, but that doesn't look right to me and I am too lazy to go back and peek to make sure I got it right) is a DOLL! Yeah for you, you got your SWEET little girl. You were so kind to me being pregnant, I am sad I missed your pregnancy. OKAY that is the LONGEST comment in history.. I promise to be more concise in the future! Miss you! Glad you're doing well :)

liso. said...

HI, Lindsay! Such cute pics of such a cute family! I think the last time I've seen you was when I ran into you and Dan in W-M in Orem!?! Anyway, I'm just wasting time and saw your link on Kelly's blog...it looks like things are going great for you...(and so sorry about your toe - that loooks painful!)

liso. said...

ps - your kids are adorable! i can't believe a) that you have THREE kids & b) that you've been married for so long!