Monday, January 5, 2009

Thanksgiving Memories

It seems like FOREVER that I've posted a blog. I am SO SORRY if you keep looking on here and seeing the SAME blog everytime. I know how ANNOYING that can be!

I'll tell you all about our wonderful holiday adventures..........

For Thanksgiving we drove to Cincinnati to see my family. The car ride was GREAT going up there because we left after dinner and drove all night while the kids slept. Or should I say DAN drove all night. I think I drove about 2 1/2 hours during the 13 hour trek. I just COULD NOT stay awake! Dan, I know, I'm a wimp and yes, you are the driving KING! Anyway, we got there safe and sound, but NEVER recovered from that night of driving. With my family, we just play and play and play. Like my Dad has always said, "A family that plays together, stays together!" I love you, Dad! We had the BEST time! We stayed at my sister, Heather's, house I just LOVED getting to know my sweet little nephew. He is SO cute! We messed her house up, ate her food, and did a TON of laundry. Thanks, Heathie...I love you!




During our fantastic week, Heather and I were able to do what we have always wanted to do together.....record a CD! It was such an amazing, spiritual experience. I just love working with Heather. We are like two peas in a pod. I am so proud of what we accomplished, especially Heather. She wrote the most beautiful, true, heartfelt song I've ever heard. Yes, she actually WROTE it.......music AND lyrics. The first time I heard it, I felt the Spirit and I knew she was inspired. Heather also arranged some of the other pieces and some of her old college friends arranged a couple as well. It was A LOT of hard work and took A LOT of time, but it was definitely worth it! If you are interested and want to read more about it and be put on the mailing list, please click here.





Some of our fun adventures in Cincinnati included:

Playing at an indoor playground





Running in the 10K Thanksgiving Day Race




Making Gingerbread Houses




The Children's Museum




Ate A LOT of GOOD food!



AND.........

Took A TON of pictures, thanks to my FABULOUS brother-in-law, Michael, the professional photographer! (McIntire Photography)




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun time! I love seeing your beautiful family. And a CD! I can only imagine how fabulous it is!

Joanna said...

Love the blog Linds. You have to send me some of those pics. I don't have them. Like the Thanksgiving Day Race one, the one of Lauren and I. Love the link to Michael's website. Way to go! I hope you have gotten some rest! Love you!

Lisa said...

just darling, i love all the pictures. you guys seriously have the most beautiful family - from your parents all the way down! good genes ;) i want a demo cd so i'm emailing heather for sure! thanks for the updated post, love to see how you're doing!

Anonymous said...

Yay! You are back! I've missed you. It sounds like you had so much fun. What a great trip. Congrats on the CD. I'm so proud of you....and maybe a wee bit jealous.

Good for you for all running on Thanksgiving. How fun! So great to see pictures of you and your sisters. Gorgeous group.

Love the new family pictures and shots of the kids. Welcome back! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

FOr some reason this post made me cry! I feel like I know you...but don't. Seeing all of your family together was fun! And I hope to see you and HEAR you in march! Sounds like this reunion is getting pretty large!

Rainie said...

I want to here the C.D!!! That's so great, and you look so good with all that recording gear. It looks like you had so much fun, I love holidays when I can be around family. Your pictures turned out so good, I would love a photographer in the fam, lucky you guys!

Kelly said...

Wow it looks like you had so much fun! I love all your pictures! Your huge family picture and your little family picture both turned out so good!! I love the last one of the boys kissing Lauren. So sweet. That is amazing you and Heather recorded a CD! Great job! I bet it sounds wonderful for sure! The pictures in there are so great. I'm impressed all of you ran a 10k!! Wow! and you just had a baby! You look great by the way. =)