Thursday, October 15, 2009

General Conference


We had a great General Conference weekend. I love hearing the words of the prophets and feeling the Spirit. I love hearing the testimonies and gaining strength to go and do what the Lord wants me to do. Everyday since General Conference, I've asked myself "Have I done any good in the world today?"


We listened the best we could with the little ones. We tried to keep them busy doing quiet things, but you know how long that lasts! They made a tent out of sheets (don't have a picture) and a train out of chairs on Saturday in the family room until it got too loud and then they were sent to their rooms to play. I tried to put Lauryn down for a nap, but she did NOT want to! I knew she just wanted to play with the boys, so I put her in her bed and let her cry for a while. Usually she settles herself right down and falls asleep. She stopped a couple of times, but kept on crying. Then Dan said, "Did you hear that?" I hadn't heard anything, so we just ignored it and about 5 seconds later, we hear Lauryn crying and it sounded closer to her bedroom door and then we heard banging on the door!!! I RAN to her room, opened the door, and she was standing there crying!!! I snatched her up as fast as I could. She had a red nose and forehead, so I assumed she climbed out of her crib and fell on her face! I felt SO bad! I had the "Worst Mother of the Year Award" that day! Needless to say, Mr. D lowered the crib TO THE FLOOR before I put her back in! If you click on the picture below to enlarge, you can see it....


On Sunday, the boys made chairs out of boxes. They thought it was the coolest thing ever! Lauryn's nose looked worse!







Once it scabbed over, she picked at it until it finally came off. I thought there was going to be a scar, but it looks good now. PHEW!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Looks like fun! I love the close up of Lauryn's nose...poor girl. She looks like it didn't bother her at all! :) Love the big blue eyes. I wanna squeeze her in that bathing suit too! Love you Linds. Miss you guys!