Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Spencer turned 8!!

Well, it finally happened. I wasn't ready for it, but it happened anyway. My oldest child turned 8 today. It's baptism time already? Am I really that old?

I remember the day he was born. I never loved anything more in my entire life. He was the easiest baby. He ate well, slept well, was happy all the time. The older he got, the more independant he became. Less hugs, less kisses, and more go, go, go! With that came a very strong-willed personality. He loves to learn and invent things. He wants to be a paleontologist and an oceanologist when he grows up. He is reading the 4th Harry Potter book.....in 2nd grade, I might add!! I'm very proud of him. He is excelling in all aspects of his life. But don't get me wrong, he is not a perfect child. He has his moments and they seem to be more and more recently and we are working through them everyday(and praying really hard that he'll grow out of it). I am so excited for his baptism. My sweet family is driving down from Cincinnati for our special event and Spencer couldn't be more thrilled! I'm so grateful that the Lord has sent me this wonderful little boy that has blessed my life in so many ways and has taught me more than I'll even know.
2 days old
He requested a Bakugan cake. So after much research, came up with this little number, but don't look too close........I'm an amateur!!
Thank you Nana and Popi for the fun gift!

He absolutely LOVES his new bike! He wanted to ride it to the bus stop and back today. He grew out of his old one WAY too fast!
LOVE YOU, SPEN!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Spinner! Linds....awesome cake!!!!