Monday, September 29, 2008

Jacob turns 3!!


I'm so glad the birthdays are over! Having two so close together is pretty tiring even when you don't do that much.

Jake's birthday was a lot fun. When we were sitting down for breakfast, the phone rang, and it was Dan. He had been out of town for 4 days and called to wish Jacob a Happy Birthday. Jake LOVES to talk on the phone, so when Daddy called, he just lit up! During breakfast, which had to be the same as what Spencer wanted....donuts, he opened Nana and Popi's gift. He loved it! Thanks, Nana and Popi! Then we took Spencer to school and went to the park with a friend from church that has a little girl Jake's age. They had a lot of fun together. Then I bought him a happy meal and went home so he could take a nap.


Then Daddy came home, which was the highlight of the day! My boys just adore their Daddy and can't get enough of him! When he goes out of town, everyday the boys ask me, "Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?" It breaks my heart, but Dan is working really hard and really making a good name for himself in the company. We are all VERY proud of him!

Jake asked for pizza for his Birthday dinner, so that is what we had and he helped me make some brownies...and licked the spoon...of course! He decorated them all by himself.....so cute and yummy too! Then he opened MORE presents. I can't tell you how excited he was! He said things like, "NO WAY" and "YESSSSSS". He got some transformer toys and transformer pajamas (thanks Aunt Kelli, Uncle Chris, and Grandma!) and he ran around saying "I'm Bumblebee! Watch me transform into a robot!" If I dared call him Jacob, he said, "NO! I'm Bumblebee!" It's funny how much your kids can be like you even though they didn't know how you were as a child! I used to say, "I'm not Lindsay, call me.......Didi!" I would make up all sorts of names and then play that character. The drama must run in the family! I'm sure my whole family remembers that VERY vividly!





(Jacob wasn't wearing any clothes because he had been wearing his power ranger costume all day and it got too hot)

My baby isn't a baby anymore....besides the love of the binky. I was going to get rid of it, but I chickened out! I know, I know, he is 3 and it is WAY past time, but those mothers out there that have had a child that loves his binky KNOWS what I am talking about! I don't know if it is more for him or for my sanity!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jacob! It looks like you had another fun birthday bash. Lucas turns 3 in April and I am excited to see how it goes. We are so OLD. Love the new pics of the kids. Very cute.

Rainie said...

You are such a great mom, that looks like the funnest day. I always get a little sad when there birthday's roll around and I have to accept that they're growing up. I love how happy he looks in all the pictures.

Joanna said...

Lindsay he is getting too big! I can't wait to see him!

Brooke said...

Jacob's eyes and dimples are to die for. Wow! I can't believe what a cute family you have - okay, I can believe it, but it's crazy losing touch and then seeing each other as moms - don't you think? Way cute birthday. Good job. Pat yourself on the back. Then sing me a song. Do you know that I listened to you and Amy's duet all the time in the mission just to keep myself sane. I miss you!!! and your VOICE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, it's Kira. It's been so much fun to find you and read about your adorable family. You're such a cute mom, doing all these fun birthday things. And your boys are so cute, almost the same ages as mine...they are so fun! I love this blogging world!
ps- after 20 years you look just like I remember, beautiful! Isn't it funny how much we CAN remember even after so much time??!!