Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Spencer turns 6!

I can't believe my oldest turned 6! The time has slipped away from me. Dan and I wanted to take the boys somewhere special for their birthdays. Since we did a combined birthday party last year, I didn't want to do one this year. I found out that the circus was in town and we thought that would be a fun idea, so we invited another family that had two boys Spencer and Jake's age and we went. It was a lot of fun! Spencer really enjoyed it, but to my suprise, Jake got bored after about 30 mins, so we tried to keep him occupied with food. I asked Spencer what his favorite part of the circus was and he keeps changing his mind, but today he said, "the house cats doing tricks." Yes, I don't know how they did it, but they trained domestic cats to do tricks!





His actual birthday was the next day, Sunday, so that night after the circus we decorated the house with streamers and balloons. The next morning, he was pretty excited to see all the decorations and to have it be "his" day. I don't think Jacob was too happy about it because he went around tearing down all the streamers and balloons and then running away while Spencer ran after him screaming, "JACOB, STOP DOING THAT!"




Then we got out the "You are special" plate and told him he could use it for all his meals that day. He told me he wanted donuts for breakfast......YUM, but not too good for the Momma's hips! So before church, we had donuts and opened Nana and Popi's present, which was a HIT! Thanks, Nana and Popi!







For dinner, Spencer asked for dinosaur chicken nuggets with french fries and KALE for dinner!!!! Yes, ladies and gentleman, my children LIKE vegetables! I have trained them from the very beginning that they have to eat veggies everyday, so I served it to them everyday whether they ate it or not and we would bribe them with a dessert afterwards. Now, they like them and of all the veggies, my son picked KALE!! I made it one time when I was on a diet and he liked dipping it in Ranch, but I thought it was disgusting. Well, that's what he wanted, so that is what he got! I made it a little different and he told me it was too salty this time......darn it! Oh well.



Then I made his cake. He asked for Tunnel of Fudge cake, which is my favorite......like mother like son......and I let them lick the bowl. He and Jake decorated it....very cute....we sang, had cake and ice cream, a couple more presents, played Spiderman, then we had to settle them down and to beddie-by they went.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Spencer! Sounds like you all had a fun celebration. I'm very interested in that Tunnel of Fudge cake. Yum.

Joanna said...

Lindsay, You are the best mom ever! What fun you guys had! I wish I could've been there and ate kale too! (What the heck is Kale!) Love Aunt Jo

Brooke said...

Hey Linds!! It's your long lost friend Brooke - you know, from Ricks. I found your blog on Amy's. Holy cow, you have a CUTE family. I hope you don't mind me dropping in. I just started a blog of my own - lovinlouderbacklife.blogspot. . . come check it out.

Lisa said...

look at what a good mommy you are! the parties look like so much fun :) your little girl is a darling little chubster :) how fun!!! can i be you when i grow up!?!?